Course: Make a Spinner Ring (5 hours)
$360.00 – $564.00
Make a Spinner Ring (5 hour Session)
The Spinner or Meditation ring is a very interesting project both for the experienced maker or total beginner beginner.
Learn all skills involved in making this amazing project!
Learn in a supportive, friendly environment, from an experience teacher.
All tools and materials are supplied in this five hour session.
Price: $360 (group session), $564 (private session)
Availability: Group sessions Tuesday, Fridays between 8am & 3pm
(class sizes are kept very small so sessions must be booked in advance. Sessions are available most weeks)
Make a Spinner Ring
The Spinner or Meditation ring is a very interesting project both for the experienced maker or a beginner. No previous experience is required as we will walk the participant through all the techniques necessary to complete the work. Learn in a supportive, friendly environment, from an experience teacher. All tools and materials are supplied in this five hour session.
For those interested in turning an interest into course of study this is a very useful starting point as the techniques learned have many applications in future projects. This is also a great project for those who would just like to experience a day at a jewellery making studio and would like to own a high quality piece of handmade jewellery. The knowledge that it was made with your own hands is one of the great feelings of satisfaction that creativity brings
Participants will be supplied with:
- One piece Sterling Silver plate 100mm X 15mm
- Sterling Silver Wire 100mm x approx 3mm
- More silver can be purchased from us on the day should it be required
- Techniques learned in making this ring will have future applications in jewellery making
- Working silver sheet and wire and dimensioning the silver to your finger size.
- The importance of annealing ( softening) silver to a workable state
- The use of pickle to remove oxidation
- Techniques to help prevent fire stain
- Working the sheet and wire into a circular shape
- Selecting to correct grade of silver solder and joining the silver into a ring using an oxy/acetylene jewellers torch
- How to set the correct flame on the Oxy/acetylene torch
- The correct use of both the jewellers saw and filing techniques
- How to obtain a very high polished finish free of fire stain with the use of appropriate abrasive paper and polishing techniques
- The selection of planishing hammers and the techniques of applying a planished surface to the silver
- The technique of flaring the silver ring into the characteristic spinner ring shape
Price: $360 (Group sessions), $564.00 (Private session)
Availability: The course is scheduled for 5 hours 8.00am – 1.00pm
Sorry, we can’t offer refunds but are happy to reschedule on the next available class date provided we have 12 hours notice of non attendance
Group Session, Private Session